Tag: value for money
Dec 21 2010
Permanent link to this article: https://www.educe.co.uk/?p=267
Nov 21 2010
- review learning and organisational development needs in tackling worklessness and impact
- assist partnerships and practitioners developing the Future Jobs Fund, Work and Skills Plans and City Region planning on employment and skills
- promote customer-focused innovation
- help strengthen evaluation evidence and the transfer of effective practice
- organising a regional conference, ‘Tackling Worklessness in an Age of Austerity’ (July 2010) to establish what ‘Total Place’ (TP) means in tackling worklessness, what can be learnt from the TP pilots and relevant experience in the region (featuring Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire), and what actions are needed to drive greater impact and efficiency
- providing advisory support for the City Region MAA Employment and Skills Plan on the evidence base, data sharing, planning, commissioning, and engagement of ‘wraparound services’ (especially health and housing) alongside mainstream employment and skills delivery
- facilitating a regional Future Jobs Fund (FJF) network bringing together local authorities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises with contracts to deliver FJF in the region.
- Good Practice Review: pilot project being undertaken by RegenWM to work with practitioners to gather evidence of good practice in removing barriers to employment and increasing outcomes for particular groups, and how best to spread and embed ‘what works’.
- Cannock Chase ‘demonstration project’ which has brought local partners together to use customer insight techniques to improve multi-agency service delivery.
- evaluating-cost-effectiveness-of-worklessness-interventions: literature review and guidance prepared by West Midlands Regional Observatory
Permanent link to this article: https://www.educe.co.uk/?p=277
Sep 21 2010
Permanent link to this article: https://www.educe.co.uk/?p=260
Sep 21 2010
- sets out the ways in which shared data can contribute in tackling worklessness
- illustrates what can get in the way of data sharing – and what lies behind this
- draws distinctions between different types of data sharing, and the importance of personal consent
- explains the legal basis for data sharing around worklessness, including that affecting what DWP can and cannot share
- highlights good practice and explores data sharing as partnership in action.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.educe.co.uk/?p=257
Sep 20 2010
- consider and apply the learning from neighbourhood management pilots in Workington and Whitehaven, and
- develop skills in assessing cost-effectiveness and applying collaborative techniques for service improvement.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.educe.co.uk/?p=253
Jun 01 2010
Learning to Deliver – support for LSPs and LAAs in the West Midlands
- Behaviour change and LSPs ( pdf 204KB)
- Innovation and LAAs ( pdf 236KB)
- Efficiency, value for money and LAAs ( pdf 176KB) and improvement resources ( pdf 286KB)
- LAAs, delivery chains and networks ( pdf 268KB)
- Networks and consortia in the voluntary and community sector ( pdf 99KB)
- Customer journeys and worklessness ( pdf 380KB) and improvement resources on customer journeys:
- Customer insight and LAAs ( pdf 162KB)
- LAAs and economic development ( pdf 248KB)
- LAAs and target setting ( pdf 230KB)
- Priority setting ( pdf 179KB)
- ‘Thinking systems’ ( pdf 304KB)
- Performance culture in partnerships ( pdf 227KB)
Five Steps to Better Outcomes ( pdf 583KB): a guide to delivery planning, assisting local partners in making a success of Local Area Agreements, working out how best to achieve community outcomes. These were produced between 2008 and 2010 for Improvement and Efficiency West Midlands.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.educe.co.uk/?p=131